design: impulsant
Thursday, July 07, 2005

Thermometer improvement

So this morning I looked at our thermometer to see how hot it was outside. It was 19 degrees celcius outside. Then I realized that that number didn't tell me what I wanted to know: what should I wear today? Coat or no coat? T-Shirt or sweater? I thought about that for a few minutes and then came up with a simple thermometer improvement. A clothing index card to place next to your thermometer. It shows you what people generely wear when it's 19 degrees celcius outside. That way, I can look at the temperature, look it up on my index and dress accordingly.

4 Comments:

  • great idea! maybe a fashion brand (or a clothing superstore) could sponsor it? Of course, featuring their clothes line for all seasons/weather,i.e winter jackets when its cold, or shorts and t-shirts when its hot. It would be cool to have an integrated barometor that indicates the likelihood of rain (for rain coats, etc).

    By Blogger xgeronimo, at 5:10 pm  

  • Yeah, and what about all of the above incorporated in your dressing mirror?
    A Wifi-thermo/barometer(dressingmeter) in your mirror or into your computer with label branded clothing advisory software? Or just based on the weatherreport. And while were at it can somebody design me a rainproof suit?

    By Blogger Jan Karel Kleijn, at 9:06 am  

  • A clothing company contacted me the day after I posted this. They want to publish this for their customers. I'm meeting with them next week to dicsuss the details.

    By Blogger Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, at 7:14 am  

  • It should of course be personalised, like if you are "warm blooded" and wear t-shirt's till freezing point, it shouldn't say sweather at 10C

    By Blogger Bas van de Haterd, at 10:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home