design: impulsant
Wednesday, May 25, 2005

T9 for mail and Thought Transponder

Oh yeah and while you're at it, you utterly brilliant programmer; can you make me a sort of T9 preemptive text tool that intelligently predicts (based on earlier made sentences ) what I'm gonna type next... Multi-lingual of course.. Now that would be bliss! Even better would be a neural interface (wireless or Bluetooth or something) to skip typing alltogether, it would be able to write out my thoughts directly into my email or Word file.....

3 Comments:

  • Look at Nasa, could ya make em part of IdeaBroker?
    http://www.thefeature.com/article?articleid=101612

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 pm  

  • Microsoft SmartPhone (for instance T-mobile's SDA) T9 does this: it keeps track of earlier sentences. When you reuse words it gives you suggestions. But it doesn't often get them right. Maybe in a few years...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 pm  

  • This is kinda already done using AJAX technology by email-address auto completion in both gmail and yahoo-mail.
    I am not sure too much how it works, being a back end J2EE guy now, but I believe it would be quite easy to tie in a 10k word dictionary to the the existing autocompletion.
    Just needs a dedicated AJAX developer.
    [I am sure those guys at google are hard at work on it as I type ;-)]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home