design: impulsant
Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Wired Floor

This is an idea I have been thinking about for years; I have installed floor heating in my house when I had it renovated. I looked at all the wiring that went into the floor and asked myself 'what more could you do with that?'. Then I was brushing my teeth with my electrical toothbrush and had an idea. Why not install a grid of electrical wires under my floor and make the whole floor act like my toothbrush. You could lay the wires every 10 centimeters vertical and horizontal and then make a lamp or other electrical tool and place it anywhere. You wouldn't want to put electricity on every wire but just the ones that are under one of your tools. You could place lamps, your television and other stuff on the floor and only the wires under those things would be connected.

Pfew, hard to explain in english. Which brings me to another question; why is this Blog written in english anyway? All the readers are dutch aren't they?

This is my first post in a month or so. I have been very busy with Junker, my anti-spam service. Junker.nl is now available for free for a month.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Boris,

    Sounds like a cool idea!
    Not sure exactly what you mean, by acting like a toothbrush.. would the floor have electrical connection sockets? Or is it more like a recharger for rechargeable operated Lamps, tools and maybe stereo components too eh?


    Regarding English: Yes it might be a drag sometimes,especially explaining stuff but we're having a global focus and lots of foreign contributors and readers too! Look at our referrals in the counter for instance.

    By Blogger Jan Karel Kleijn, at 10:30 am  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Jan Karel Kleijn, at 10:30 am  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Jan Karel Kleijn, at 10:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home