design: impulsant
Saturday, June 11, 2005

New PC

I recently bought a new PC and once again I found myself losing a lot of stuff I didn't even know I ever installed. Simple things like codecs for media players, stuff like that.

Would it be possible to create a program that simply goes trough everything that's installed at your PC, asks you if you want to take it along to your new PC / new install and if yes, burns it to a CD (possible multiple volume) and then installs it all in the new settings. So not just files and documents (or better: no files or documents), but program's, add-on's, plug-ins, etc.

To all you creative programmers: that's a challenge that would make the lives of many people easier.

1 Comments:

  • That functionality is a standard feature in Apple MacOSX...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home