design: impulsant
Wednesday, December 22, 2004

SPAM update

The SPAM laws of the Netherlands are going to be updated, according to yet another letter send on the subject. Yesterday there was news on the issue from the ministry of Economic Affairs, now there is more it seems. Anyway, they are thinking of another code for B2B SPAM. This new code seems to be illogical, so I guess it'll be the one they adapt. I guess Boris' solution to the problem seems more and more appealing. Specially since "unsollicitated, yet welcome" e-mail is usually personal, so will be able to make it trough. I'm still concerned on the newsletter problem this solution faces, but it's obvious once again we should not hope for a proper legal solution to the problem.

2 Comments:

  • We tell people to check their Pending box regularly the first month to whitelist their newsletters. I forgot how many newsletters I was subscribed to until I noticed them in my own Pending box. If you subscribe to a new newsletter you just visit your Pending box after 5 minutes and whitelist it right there. No problem at all...

    By Blogger Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, at 12:38 am  

  • I know, one of the problems is, you know how it works and do that. As a newsletter publisher (a few very small newsletters) I notice many people don't. If I look at my surroundings, many have something like this installed by a friend, do not know how it works, so loose much of what they do want.

    Although I must admit, it works very well. For those who know how to use it.

    By Blogger Bas van de Haterd, at 10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home