design: impulsant
Tuesday, January 17, 2006

LinkCloud

Last friday I came up with an idea for a new blogger tool. I build it this weekend and launched it on monday. I came up with this idea because I visit a lot of blogs and sometimes want to add a link to a page. We could mail the blogger, add a comment but we can't edit the page itself. What I build is a LinkCloud. It's a small space where visitors can add links democratically. Every link is added and when more than 20 link are added the one with the least clicks is overwritten. Links that receive more clicks grow bigger and become brighter. A LinkCloud is free and you can get one in a few seconds on the website. I'll add one to this page too.

4 Comments:

  • nice idea...maybe it's a good idea to combine it with a voting system.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 pm  

  • Very nice idea!
    But it doesn't really look spam-proof, is it?
    Maybe add a word-verification?

    By Blogger Vincent, at 4:17 pm  

  • The voting system is build in. If you click a link you vote for it. With every click/vote the link get's bigger.

    About spam: we should add word verification at some point. I'm working on it!

    By Blogger Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, at 8:37 pm  

  • I have to say its neat little tool. i cannot imagine you finished it in such small period. I saw it today in one of the blogs i regularly visit. For spam protection, you could just let the spam links deleted when it gets lowest votes or something like it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home